What is Microsoft Intune?
Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based MDM solution that is integrated closely with Azure AD. Intune provides device and application management in the cloud for Windows 10 and mobile devices.
With Intune, you can:
- Choose to be 100% cloud with Intune.
- Set rules and configure settings on personal and organization-owned devices to access data and networks.
- Deploy and authenticate apps on devices — on-premises and mobile.
- Protect your company information by controlling the way users access and share information.
- Be sure devices and apps are compliant with your security requirements.
In Intune, you manage devices using an approach that’s right for you. For organization-owned devices, you may want full control on the devices, including settings, features, and security. In this approach, devices and users of these devices “enroll” in Intune. Once enrolled, they receive your rules and settings through policies configured in Intune. For example, you can set password and PIN requirements, create a VPN connection, set up threat protection, and more.
For personal devices or bring-your-own devices (BYOD), users may not want their organization administrators to have full control. In this approach, give users options. For example, users enroll their devices if they want full access to your organization resources. Or, if these users only want access to email or Microsoft Teams, then use app protection policies that require multi-factor authentication (MFA) to use these apps.
When devices are enrolled and managed in Intune, administrators can:
- See the devices enrolled and get an inventory of devices accessing organization resources.
- Configure devices so they meet your security and health standards. For example, you probably want to block jailbroken devices.
- See reports on users and devices that are compliant, and not compliant.
- Remove organization data if a device is lost, stolen, or not used anymore.
Mobile application management (MAM) in Intune is designed to protect organization data at the application level, including custom apps and store apps. App management can be used on organization-owned devices, and personal devices.
- When apps are managed in Intune, administrators can:
- Add and assign mobile apps to user groups and devices, including users in specific groups, devices in specific groups, and more.
- Configure apps to start or run with specific settings enabled, and update existing apps already on the device.
- See reports on which apps are used, and track their usage.
- Do a selective wipe by removing only organization data from apps.
Why Technology Spa
Technology Spa has extensive experience deploying, customizing, and managing Intune. Our experts can help with the most advanced implementations. Contact us today to learn about how we can help you with Intune planning and deployment.